May 28, 2020
Dear CCC Family,
We appreciate your patience while we navigate this unique situation as a result of COVID-19. We hope you and your family are safe and healthy. With the current news from Governor Wolf announcing we will be moving to yellow next Monday and the sharing of plans and guidelines for summer camps from the state, we are ecstatic to announce we will be opening with minimal changes. (To read the state’s memo regarding summer day camps, please click here.)
Our biggest change for this upcoming summer is our location. We will be operating our camps from Saint Kevin Parish at 200 W. Sproul Road, Springfield PA 19064, which is 2.1 miles from Cardinal O’Hara. The reason our location has changed is that camp programs are not permitted in Cardinal O’Hara’s building in the month of June. As of result, we feel it would be best to keep camp operations in the same location all summer. Additionally, there is plenty of space to spread out and increase our health and safety measures described below. Our summer camp program began at St. Kevin’s before we moved it to Cardinal O’Hara so we are familiar with the building and grounds and are grateful for the opportunity to operate there this summer. This is temporary for the summer of 2020 only.
Please take time to review our plans as we have worked to answer as many potential questions as possible for you. You will receive a lengthy, detailed camp packet with all instructions and complete details by June 3rd regarding camp as we always send.
- All staff and campers will be given a washable mask on the first day of camp. Campers are encouraged to wear a mask but are not required by the state’s guidelines to wear one.
- All staff will be screened each day for their temperature. All staff will be required to report if he/she is ill or comes in contact with another individual with COVID-19.
- Groups will be created with siblings together. Campers will stay with this group for the duration of camp. Any time when campers are together (such as stage time), campers will be spaced out and reminded of social distance.
- Drop off will be from 8:45am – 9:15am. Pickup will be from 2:45-3:15pm. There will not be before and/or after care.
- Campers will routinely wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer each hour and before and after eating. We will clean all surfaces and any shared items between uses.
- All meals will take place outdoors unless weather does not permit. Campers will be encouraged to bring a beach towel or blanket to use for outdoor meals. There are several air conditioned spaces at St. Kevin’s that can be used and will be used for instruction and when excessive heat or poor weather is present.
- There will be no food distributed to campers at any time. Campers will bring their snack and lunch as well as their own water bottle. Water stations will be routinely cleaned and sanitized.
- Campers are encouraged to stay home when appropriate. If a camper is ill or has had close contact with a person with COVID-19, campers should stay home.
- Our summer camp performances will look different from how they have taken place previously. We will communicate our performance plan as soon as details are finalized.
While we work to navigate this new or temporary normal, we ask that you as parents/guardians take an active role in keeping all of our campers safe by enforcing all of the guidelines we put in place. We will work as a team to keep one another safe. If you do not feel well or your child is not feeling well, please do not risk others. We as a staff will do the same.
We know we are going to face some challenges. We know this is the first time children will be returning to formal instruction in a while. We know our plan may not work for everyone. We respect your decision and will work with every family should you not want to participate in our summer programs. We will fully refund anyone who wishes to withdraw or remove their enrollment, including any before/after care fees you may have paid already.
Thank you for choosing CCC as a place for your family. We love our summer camp program and have been praying that we would be able to be together in some way this summer, even if it is a little different than before. We thank you for your support. We promise to answer any questions and accommodate any refund requests. This is a challenging time for everyone and we promise we will work to the best of our abilities to make this a wonderful summer camp experience, in the safest way possible.
Lady of Knock, pray for us! #CCCshines
Jeffrey P. Braconnier
Director & Founder
Vice President & Executive Director
Need to Access Your Summer Camp Parent Dashboard?
- As we mentioned, we are still processing summer camp monthly payments as organized when you enrolled for camp. There is no penalty if you choose to bypass this month’s payment. It will be added to future payments.
- Access your Parent Dashboard by clicking here and go to the Finance Tab (or follow the info in the email that comes to you directly about camp).
- If you have other questions about camp, contact us through the Parent Dashboard or directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Bye Bye Birdie (YPE) Information?
We are working to reschedule our performances of Bye Bye Birdie (YPE) for September 2020. As soon as our performance dates are confirmed, information regarding our plan and schedules will be made available to our registered families.
Want to Support CCC?
- Make a contribution to our Shine Giving Fund to support us during this difficult time.
- Thank you to the many people who supported our “Best Package YETI” Fundraiser. We are so grateful for the overwhelming amount of support shown to us at this time.
Contact us through email at email@example.com at any time. We will get back to you as soon as possible!