July 14, 2020
Talk about night before Christmas excitement! What a joy and a gift to be back together at CCC! Summer camp days are some of our favorite days throughout the year but after a long hiatus, this first day was even better than we could have possibly imagined!
We have some new protocols and procedures but that did not stop our campers from jumping in and making the best of our new camp routine. With a change up in our normal group set up to keep campers as safe as possible, we saw campers step up and help sibling campers in ways we’ve never been able to have before. It was certainly heartwarming!
We are currently in our Pirates Past Noon Kids session until July 24th. Following these two weeks, we will go into our two weeks of Shrek Jr. This is the only camp that still has some space left. If you are looking to register or add another session, please click here!
We ask that any families who wish to cancel their registration, cancels two weeks prior to the start date of camp. This helps us prepare for supplies and staffing. Thank you for your support!
Please reach out with any questions at any time. Thank you for supporting CCC!
July 6, 2020
We are excited that summer camp officially kicks off next Monday, July 13th at St. Kevin with Pirates Past Noon! As you probably know, we postponed the start of our camp and our first session has moved to new dates. Here are a couple reminders:
- We begin on July 13th with Session II: Pirates Past Noon which runs until Friday, July 24th
- Session I: Shrek Jr has been moved to July 27th – August 7th.
- If you were previously enrolled in Session I: Shrek Jr and plan to stay with the new dates of July 27th to August 7th, you do not need to do anything.
- If you cannot make the new dates and were enrolled for the original dates in June, and have no told us so, please let us know to remove your registration for the new dates.
- If you would like to enroll for the new dates, you can do so by selecting Session I on the enrollment form (Parent Dashboard) or contact me to request to be added.
- Session III: The Little Mermaid Jr will take place as planned for August 10th – August 21st. This camp is at capacity.
- We ask that if you want to cancel your registration you let us know within two weeks of the start of camp. This helps us preapre for staffing and supplies.
If you are looking to make a payment/access your Parent Dashboard, please click here.
If you are looking for our Health & Safety Plan, please visit our website to review the plan.
If you are looking for our Parent Packet that outlines camp and our plan, please visit this link.
Finally, if you have any questions at all, please contact us. We are happy to answer any questions. We cannot wait to officially kick off camp. Thank you for your patience and flexibility during this time! We are so ready to make some great memories at #SummerbytheCCC20!
June 30, 2020
Hello CCC Families,
We couldn’t be more excited for our official kick off on July 13th with Pirates Past Noon! Camp kicks off at St. Kevin Parish, 200 W. Sproul Road, Springfield PA. As a reminder, please check out the Health & Safety Plan above that outlines our safety measures we have put in place for the summer due to COVID-19.
Camp sessions will go on as follows:
- Pirates Past Noon Kids: July 13th – July 24th
- Shrek Jr: July 27th – August 7th
- Little Mermaid Jr: August 10th – August 21st
We continue to monitor guidelines while we make our plans for performances. We expect that each session will look a little different. Performance plans for each session will be communicated to parents/guardians as soon as they are confirmed.
If you have questions about your Parent Dashboard or regarding your account, please reach out to Aimee-Kate at email@example.com. While we prepare for the official kick off of camp, we are still working from home and visiting the office when we can. Please reach out through email with any questions at all or call the office and leave a voicemail. We will return your call as quickly as possible if we miss it!
Thank you for your continued support to CCC during this time!
June 26, 2020
Hello CCC Families,
We are eagerly awaiting our official kick off July 13th with Pirates Past Noon. We are looking forward to being together and bringing faith and fun together center stage. While summer looks a little different than normal, we are grateful for the opportunity to be together.
If you have questions about your Parent Dashboard or regarding your account, please reach out to Aimee-Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org. While we transition into the Green Phase, we are still working from home and visiting the office when we can. Please reach out through email with any questions at all.
Please look for additional information and updates in the coming days. Have a great weekend!
June 14, 2020
We’ve hit yet another roadblock in coming back together through our Summer Camp programs. Late on Friday, June 12th, we received word that we could not open as planned for our first session that would begin on Monday, June 15th. We are now navigating this situation and hope to have an answer and revised plan by mid week.
We have been working around the clock to prepare for our first session of summer camp for CCC. We realize this additional change in our Summer 2020 plans is a major inconvenience as we all try to return to some routine and schedule. We were told that camps will be permitted as on July 1, 2020. We hope to communicate the confirmation of our revised plan:
- Session I (Shrek Jr) will be moved to July 27th – August 7th,
- Session II (Pirates Past Noon Kids) and Session III (The Little Mermaid Jr) will happen as planned on their original dates.
- We would operate as Session II, Session I, Session III.
- Location of either St. Kevin or Cardinal O’Hara to be confirmed.
We are extremely sorry to share this information with you. It is never our intention to provide stress or inconvenience to our families. We pray we can be together soon. We will continue to be transparent and provide updates as soon as we possibly can. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for supporting CCC. We can never thank you enough.
June 5, 2020
We are nearing the official kick off of Summer 2020 for CCC! We know there are some changes and challenges but we are confident we can work together to make it a successful summer season for our campers.
It is important that you note that our location has changed and our 2020 Summer Camp Programs will be taking place at St. Kevin Parish (200 W. Sproul Road, Springfield PA) for this summer only. If you haven’t read our update from May 28, 2020, please view it below.
We ask that all families make their decision regarding their registration two weeks prior to the start date of the registered session. This allows us to prepare for staffing, supplies and other items that must be ordered. Please contact Aimee-Kate at email@example.com to let us know if you are not planning on attending the session you registered for in a timely manner.
In accordance with state and CDC guidelines, we have created our Health & Safety Plan which can be viewed on our website or linked here. We are constantly monitoring any change and recommendations. Our priority is the health and safety of our campers.
We thank you for supporting CCC during this time and always. We look forward to returning to some routine through our summer camps over the next few months and are grateful for the opportunity to serve you and your family.
May 28, 2020
Dear CCC Family,
We appreciate your patience while we navigate this unique situation as a result of COVID-19. We hope you and your family are safe and healthy. With the current news from Governor Wolf announcing we will be moving to yellow next Monday and the sharing of plans and guidelines for summer camps from the state, we are ecstatic to announce we will be opening with minimal changes. (To read the state’s memo regarding summer day camps, please click here.)
Our biggest change for this upcoming summer is our location. We will be operating our camps from Saint Kevin Parish at 200 W. Sproul Road, Springfield PA 19064, which is 2.1 miles from Cardinal O’Hara. The reason our location has changed is that camp programs are not permitted in Cardinal O’Hara’s building in the month of June. As of result, we feel it would be best to keep camp operations in the same location all summer. Additionally, there is plenty of space to spread out and increase our health and safety measures described below. Our summer camp program began at St. Kevin’s before we moved it to Cardinal O’Hara so we are familiar with the building and grounds and are grateful for the opportunity to operate there this summer. This is temporary for the summer of 2020 only.
Please take time to review our plans as we have worked to answer as many potential questions as possible for you. You will receive a lengthy, detailed camp packet with all instructions and complete details by June 3rd regarding camp as we always send.
- All staff and campers will be given a washable mask on the first day of camp. Campers are encouraged to wear a mask but are not required by the state’s guidelines to wear one.
- All staff will be screened each day for their temperature. All staff will be required to report if he/she is ill or comes in contact with another individual with COVID-19.
- Groups will be created with siblings together. Campers will stay with this group for the duration of camp. Any time when campers are together (such as stage time), campers will be spaced out and reminded of social distance.
- Drop off will be from 8:45am – 9:15am. Pickup will be from 2:45-3:15pm. There will not be before and/or after care.
- Campers will routinely wash hands and/or use hand sanitizer each hour and before and after eating. We will clean all surfaces and any shared items between uses.
- All meals will take place outdoors unless weather does not permit. Campers will be encouraged to bring a beach towel or blanket to use for outdoor meals. There are several air conditioned spaces at St. Kevin’s that can be used and will be used for instruction and when excessive heat or poor weather is present.
- There will be no food distributed to campers at any time. Campers will bring their snack and lunch as well as their own water bottle. Water stations will be routinely cleaned and sanitized.
- Campers are encouraged to stay home when appropriate. If a camper is ill or has had close contact with a person with COVID-19, campers should stay home.
- Our summer camp performances will look different from how they have taken place previously. We will communicate our performance plan as soon as details are finalized.
While we work to navigate this new or temporary normal, we ask that you as parents/guardians take an active role in keeping all of our campers safe by enforcing all of the guidelines we put in place. We will work as a team to keep one another safe. If you do not feel well or your child is not feeling well, please do not risk others. We as a staff will do the same.
We know we are going to face some challenges. We know this is the first time children will be returning to formal instruction in a while. We know our plan may not work for everyone. We respect your decision and will work with every family should you not want to participate in our summer programs. We will fully refund anyone who wishes to withdraw or remove their enrollment, including any before/after care fees you may have paid already.
Thank you for choosing CCC as a place for your family. We love our summer camp program and have been praying that we would be able to be together in some way this summer, even if it is a little different than before. We thank you for your support. We promise to answer any questions and accommodate any refund requests. This is a challenging time for everyone and we promise we will work to the best of our abilities to make this a wonderful summer camp experience, in the safest way possible.
Lady of Knock, pray for us! #CCCshines
Jeffrey P. Braconnier
Director & Founder
Vice President & Executive Director
Need to Access Your Summer Camp Parent Dashboard?
- As we mentioned, we are still processing summer camp monthly payments as organized when you enrolled for camp. There is no penalty if you choose to bypass this month’s payment. It will be added to future payments.
- Access your Parent Dashboard by clicking here and go to the Finance Tab (or follow the info in the email that comes to you directly about camp).
- If you have other questions about camp, contact us through the Parent Dashboard or directly by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for Bye Bye Birdie (YPE) Information?
We are working to reschedule our performances of Bye Bye Birdie (YPE) for September 2020. As soon as our performance dates are confirmed, information regarding our plan and schedules will be made available to our registered families.
Want to Support CCC?
- Make a contribution to our Shine Giving Fund to support us during this difficult time.
- Thank you to the many people who supported our “Best Package YETI” Fundraiser. We are so grateful for the overwhelming amount of support shown to us at this time.
Contact us through email at email@example.com at any time. We will get back to you as soon as possible!