Excitement was high and smiles were plentiful as our campers arrived bright and early for a beautiful and sunny first day of #SummerbytheCCC! We are so very excited to kick off our 12th Summer Season here at Catholic Community Choir. We have an incredible lineup of performances and we can’t wait to build our summer memories with all of our campers this season. Be sure to save the dates for all of our performances!
Our day quickly began as campers gathered in the theater for our morning session. After splitting into groups, meeting new friends and their counselors, our day was officially off to a great start! Throughout the day, campers rotated through a variety of classes and started to become comfortable with our routine and staff. Here is a little bit more about our day!
- In Art Class, campers made trees out of their hands and shared their creative gifts. We are so grateful to have a new staff member, Mrs. Ellis, joining us this summer leading our art class.
- In Games Class, campers jumped right into a camp favorite of capture the flag. It was so nice to be outside and enjoy the breezy weather. Before we know it, the hot summer days will be here to stay!
- In Music Class, campers started to focus on the musical number of “Wild and Free.” We loved hearing their voices and seeing everyone enjoy the beginning of putting our musical together.
- In Dance Class, campers learned a dance to “Wild and Free.” Campers said it was a lot of fun to be on the stage and learn some new moves!
- In Faith Formation, campers created their own group prayer. We loved seeing our campers come together and share their faith through prayer.
Many of our campers auditioned today for our production of Madagascar Jr. Campers had the opportunity to show their amazing talents and cheer one another on through the process. We have lots of talent here on the CCC stage! Our cast list will be shared later tonight. You can find it here once it is posted!
In talking to our campers, Quinn S. told us that her favorite part of her day was learning to dance with Miss Molly & Miss Mary Kate. Today our campers celebrated Miss Mary Kate’s birthday and were sure to sing her a very special rendition of happy birthday!
We can’t wait for the next two weeks as we bring to life Madagascar Jr. for the first time at CCC! Join us all session long as we share about our day in our blog and highlight the many campers and staff members here at CCC!
Campers of the Day!
Congratulations to our Campers of the Day! These campers were awarded for being an example to others, being a team player and for shining both on and off the stage! Congrats to Charlie, Lucas, Michael, Janie & Anna! #CCCshines
Catholic Community Choir (CCC) was established in 2007. With faith and fun at the core, CCC strives to provide unique and engaging experiences focused on performing arts, service and ministry. To learn more about CCC, visit our website. #CCCshines